Starting out made easy

Cheaper than the bus / Car independent Travel. No more queues, you'll be saving money long term

The Smalley Cross Starter/ Commuter Pack

The Starter / Commuter Package is your one way ticket on to 2 wheels! In this package there is everything you need to get started out. You, the customer have total freedom to design and tailor make your own package. You can have as a little or as much as you desire, and to make it even better, you can incorporate your package into your monthly finance payments.

To list a few items you can choose from 

- Helmet - Multiple Choices
- Summer/Winter Gloves
- Waterproof/Armoured/Leather Jacket
- Waterproof/Armoured/Leather Trousers
- Chains
- Ground Anchors
- CBT Training
- Service Plans
Remember, at Smalley Cross, YOU DECIDE, YOU HAVE THE FREEDOM!

What is a Scooter?

Basically a scooter can be either a moped or a “light” motorcycle


- Max design speed of 31 mph (50 km/h)
- Max engine capacity of 50cc
- Can be moved by pedals - if the moped was first used before 1st September 1977

“Light” Motorcycle

- Max engine capacity of 125cc
- Max power output of 11 kilowatts

Leaning to Ride F.A.Qs

Motorcycle & Scooter Licencing Information

Moped Licence Requirements

A moped MUST have an engine capacity not exceeding 50 cc, not weigh more than 250 kg and be designed to have a maximum speed not exceeding 31 mph (50 km/h). From June 2003 all EC Type Approved mopeds have been restricted to 28 mph (45 km/h).

To ride a moped, learners MUST

-Be 16 or over
-Have a provisional moped licence
-Complete CBT training

You MUST first pass the theory test for motorcycles and then the moped practical test to obtain your full moped licence. If you passed your driving test before 1 February 2001you are qualified to ride a moped without L plates, although it is RECOMMENDED that you complete CBT before riding on the road. If you passed your driving test after this date you MUST complete CBT before riding a moped on the road.

If you have a provisional motorcycle licence, you MUST satisfactorily complete a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course. You can then ride on the public road, with L plates, for up to two years. To obtain your full motorcycle licence you MUST pass a motorcycle theory test and then a practical test.

Aged 19 or over: A2 Motorcycle Licence

At 19 can get an A2 Motorcycle Licence allowing you to ride a motorcycle or scooter with power up to 35KW (46.6 bhp) or a restricted version of a bigger more powerful model upto 70KW.

There are two ways to qualify for an A2 licence:

First if you have held an A1 Motorcycle Licence for 2 years, you can take another practical test.

Or second if you are 19 or older you can take the Direct Access route by completing your CBT and passing your Theory Test and Practical Tests.

You are then allowed to ride any A2 category motorbike or scooter without L plates and to carry a passenger.

After holding an A2 Motorcycle Licence for 2 years, you can take another practical test and get an unrestricted A Motorcycle licence

© Copyright 2024 Smalley Cross Motorcycles. All rights reserved
Powered by DealerWEBS DealerWEBS™